Ten Ways to Decorate Your Bathroom on a Budget
By: Jude Wright
You may think that you don't have enough money in your budget to decorate your bathroom. But, it can be done without spending too much money. Just changing your bathroom accessories out to new (or to accessories that you've found at garage sales), can't make a dramatic difference.
First of all, take everything that can be moved out of your bathroom so that you can start with a clean slate. This means everything on the countertops, and in drawers and the medicine cabinet.
Now, make a plan. Decide what you really need to have in the bath and where you are going to put it. Clutter is something that can ruin the look of any bathroom design. Try to find places for toothbrushes, hair care supplies, and the like. Find some organizational systems that will fit in your cupboards and drawers. The more storage space that you have, the less you will be tempted to keep on top of the counters, and ruining the looks of your new room.
Here are some ideas that you can use to beautify as well as cut down on bathroom clutter:
1. Start with a fresh coat of paint. Painting a room is the quickest way to change the decor of a room. You can also paint your cabinets if they are damaged or in poor shape. Make sure that your paint will stand up to the humid conditions that all bathrooms have.
2. If you are really ambitious, you can remove the mirror above the sink and replace it with a new one. Two smaller decorative mirrors over a double vanity instead of one large mirror will bring your bathroom into a more modern style.
3. Add a nice looking hook to your bathroom door to hang up bathrobes and plastic pouches which can contain other bathroom items.
4. Change out the knobs and drawer pulls on your cabinets and drawers. Try something with a little more color or in a different style than the original knobs.
5 Replace your bathroom hardware such as bathtub and sink faucets. A new, shiny faucet will work wonders for your bath.
6 Now, change your bath towel racks and rings. Also, think about where you will keep those towels that you aren't using. There are many decorative options like baskets and shelves that you can use. This way, you can have the colors of the towels to accent your bathroom but still keep them neat and tidy.
7. Use bathroom accessories to add color and style. Purchase shower curtains, a waste basket, liquid hand soap dispenser, soap dishes, new towels and a toothbrush holder.
8. Buy new throw rugs for the floor. They come in almost every color imaginable so try to match them to your towels and other accessories.
9. Add one or two moisture-loving plants. This will bring life to the room.
10. Finally, add a few fancy candles to add warmth.
These inexpensive ideas will beautify any bathroom without the need to totally demolish it and add all new cupboards, counters and bathroom fixtures. Give it a try and you'll have a whole new bathroom!
Article Source: http://www.propertymagnate.com/articles