Our Stone-fleck countertops come in a wide variety of beautiful colors and textures. We are confident that you will find one to meet your needs. If you would like to download a sample of them pleaseclick here.
Small Space With Many Options By: James Newell.
Engaging the services of a bathroom decorator can be simple task or a time consuming project. Although the bathroom is the part of the room that we occupied the least amount of time in day, its importance should be dismissed. It is to put it mildly, the most private sanctuary in the whole house in fact. Whether we chose to admit it or not, we do spend lot of “quality time” in this room.
To decorate this room, it can involve just retiling or painting over the old paintwork. Simple task like painting, to save some money you do not need to employ a bathroom decorator. It can be done easily in one day by just one person, as the bathroom tends to be one of the smaller rooms of the whole house. However if your thoughts of renovations for the bathroom is more grandeur like installing a Jacuzzi then one should employ an expert like a bathroom decorator to undertake the task. The installation of a Jacuzzi is not a small task as it involves cement work, piping and plumping. Unless you are an avid do it yourself expert, attempting the job yourself can be a very costly misadventure. Therefore, leave the complicated jobs to the experts.
So how does one go about looking for a reliable bathroom decorator? The best way to find a good and reliable bathroom decorator is to look for those recommended by friends or family members. Go follow the advices of those who had actually engaged these decorators and had experienced their services first hand.
Alternatively, to look for a reliable bathroom decorator, try the yellow pages. Call them up and ask for quotations and as well as references of their previous clients. Those bathroom decorators who are genuine and ethical in their conduct of business will always have good references to back up their job portfolio
Top 10 Bathroom renovation tips:
1. Choose elegant fixtures.
A pedestal sink with graceful lines is more attractive than a blocky cabinet vanity. A classic claw-foot tub is like bathroom sculpture. Even enclosed in a deck, the simple lines of the lip have an inherent beauty that surpasses most acrylic versions.
2. Sit in a bathtub before buying it. Bigger isn't always better. A 60-inch tub is fine for most people. It offers enough room to stretch out and provides a secure foothold, so you don't float into oblivion when the tub is full. Assess the angled back and lip for comfort and neck support -- a tub for two people slants at either end and has taps in the middle. If you only have enough space for a small tub, buy an extra-deep one.
3. Select durable flooring. Ceramic, marble and stone tiles are all excellent durable and water-resistant choices for a bathroom. Sub floor heating coils will make these hard surfaces warm. Well-sealed hardwood floors offer natural warmth and act as a foil for the other hard, cold surfaces in a bathroom.
4. Hang a stylish mirror.One beautifully framed mirror over a sink is more attractive than many surfaces covered with mirror. Supplement it with a wall-mounted adjustable makeup mirror, and consider installing a lighted, mirrored shaving niche in your shower stall.
5. Use found space.Take advantage of space between wall studs by recessing a tall storage cabinet into the wall to maximize vertical storage while saving floor space. The cabinet should have an interior depth of at least three inches and a door flush with the wall.
6. Build a shower area. Consider building an open-concept shower area that doesn't need a curtain or door and is less confining than a standard shower stall. In addition to well-designed drainage, a ceiling-mounted rain showerhead and/or a high wall-mounted showerhead that splashes less water will keep the area outside the shower drier.
7. Share space for added function.In homes with back-to-back bathrooms, a shared shower with access doors to each of the bathrooms maximizes limited space. Or turn a closet located next to a bathroom into a small en suite with access to the neighbouring bath.
8. Design lighting that works. Good lighting is imperative. Combine halogen pot lights with wall sconces beside or over the mirror for lighting with no shadows. Always install dimmers.
9. Buy a quality toilet.When buying a toilet, it's not necessary for you to spend big bucks, but you don't want to scrimp too much, either. You can get a good-quality one-piece toilet for about $400. Models with elongated bowls and seats are usually most comfortable.
10. Incorporate luxury into your room. If you're fortunate enough to have lots of space to work with, indulge yourself with an expanded spalike bathroom that includes a dressing room -- a haven for privacy and relaxation. Outfit it with a television, fireplace, exercise equipment, makeup vanity and even a large comfortable occasional chair upholstered in thick white terry-cloth.
Clawfoot tub accessories
Clawfoot tub accessories will make your bathtub for functional, comfortable, and/or beautiful. There are many different sorts of clawfoot tub accessories. An example of a few popular clawfoot tub accessories is: coasters for the feet (these will prevent damage to your floor), clawfoot feet, mounted towel rails, mirrors, tub caddies, and soap dishes. The clawfoot tub accessories that you choose depend on your bathroom décor and which items will actually be most useful to you. You may be surprised at how many clawfoot tub accessories there are available – you may have to check specialty shops, though, to find some of the best clawfoot tub accessories.